WHEN DO I GET MY PHOTO?
Beach photos are not an instant production. Digital photos will be delivered no later than 10 days (often earlier, but no later) after your photo session . Prints will be posted by day 10 of your photo session. AFTER 21 December: Photos taken after 21 December are not guaranteed to arrive before 25 December. Elves will be on holiday from 24 Dec – 4 January. No photos delivered in those dates.
LOCATION: WHICH BEACH?
The exact beach and beach entrance for your Santa visit is decided 24 hrs before the photo session after a beach condition check is done. We can not tell you the exact location before this as we need to check all beaches in light of the weather conditions at the time.
All guests receive an email 24 hours before the photo session with full location and meeting point details.
BAD WEATHER: Santa flies in all weather but Santa photo sessions can be postponed due to rain OR high winds. The final decision on if a photo session will proceed is made 30 minutes before the start of each session. We really do wait right until the last minute as after 6 years photographing Santa outside we know that rain clouds can suddenly break allowing a photo session to proceed even on the rainiest of days. Some of our best photos have been created during rain breaks. – SO if the weather is looking dodgy stay flexible and wait for that text message approx ½ hr before the session is due to start. Of course if it is totally torrential we can make the call earlier. PLEASE read the full T&C below where wet weather plans are explained further.
RESCHEDULING: if your session is postponed you can slot into any other session on any other date during the Santa photo season. This includes the very next available – or any other day. You just need to make sure we know what session you choose so we can make sure you are put on the list to receive the location alert for that session. You can reschedule online at any time via square booking. If you are having trouble rescheduling let us know via email. PLEASE read the full T&C below where wet weather plans are explained further.
CONTACTING ELVES: Best way is via email or text or FB Messenger. Those Elves really do get totally swamped in December so please be patient as we work through the thousands of messages we receive.
COVID SAFE T&C: The following guidelines are for the safety of Santa’s crew and all 2021 guests.
- Byron Beach Santa will at all times follow the government directives relating to Covid19 in the North Coast NSW region.
- Social distancing: Santa will have plenty of Ho Ho Ho joy to share with all children however in 2021 there will be no sitting on Santa’s lap – Families must sit at the distance directed by photographer. Christmas props will be in place to create a physical social distance. No cuddles with Santa, No Santa nursing babies.
- Masks: optional – as social distancing will be strictly adhered to.
- Gathering: No queuing on beach – please use the beach to spread out.
- Health: Please do not attend if you have any cold / virus like symptoms.
- Health: All of Santa’s crew will be health checked before each photo session.
- Byron Beach Santa reserves the right to change the person acting as Santa, the photographer, the photo props including Santa’s outfit according to availability of staff and resources on photoshoot days. The promotional photos from earlier years are not a guarantee of the same Santa “actor,” photographer or props at all sessions. Santa will sometimes wear a fake beard. (This has been T&C clause for 4 years and is especially relevant in 2021 due to virus health concerns)
- No pick up – All prints to be posted.
- Byron Beach Santa reserves right to cancel/postpone event if any Covid concerns arise with available staff.
2021 GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Fees & Payment: a $25 non refundable booking fee is built in to each package price. The postage fee for prints is also built into the print package price.
- Payment: is via Square online payments. No payments can be accepted on location at the beach.
- No photos will be taken unless full payment is received.
- No photos to be taken on personal phones.
- BSOTB Christmas photography relies totally on mother nature and uses only natural lighting. Inclement weather including strong winds may lead to change of beach location or postponement / cancellation of a scheduled shoot date.
- BSOTB shall monitor the weather on each shoot date. Confirmation that shoot will be proceeding will be sent via text message 30 minutes prior start time on the scheduled day, along with information about exact beach location and meeting point for the day.
- Byron Santa on the Beach (BSOTB) reserves the right to change the photographer, photograph set dressing and Santa outfit according to availability of staff on photoshoot days.
- Cancellation, reschedule & refund policy
- Cancellation by BSoTB for reasons excluding poor weather – all effort will be made to fit you into another photo session at earliest opportunity. If you are not able to attend another session- a full refund will be given.
- Postponement due to weather: If your Santa photo shoot is postponed you may attend any other shoot scheduled at any location on any day in 2021. If you are unable to attend any other sessions a refund of the fee minus $25 booking fee will be made. Please note due to the busy time with the photography it may take up to 14 days to process refund.
- Cancelled by client: Due to the high demand for the limited number of photo sessions any cancellation by customer will incur a $25 non-refundable admin fee. The balance of the payment less the cancellation fee will be refunded. Please note due to the busy time with the photography it may take up to 14 days to process refund.
- Whilst we will take the maximum number of shots possible during your session – No refunds are given for squinty eyes, grey skies, upset children or adults (crying) which are beyond the photographers control.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early for your photo shoot.
- Each photo session is 5 minutes – if you have more than 5 people in your group you will need to book and pay for a double session which will incur extra $20 sitting fee.
- Pets are only permitted at the beaches nominated on the booking page.
- Customers who bring dogs to the photoshoots are at all times responsible for your dog. BSOTB accepts no responsibility for your dog whilst on the beach. Please bring a leash to ensure the safety of other customers and beach goers.
- Dogs must be kept on the leash whilst in the queue awaiting your photo.
- The photo chosen for print is selected by the photographer. Due to the limited time capturing the natural light and a lot of families waiting for a session there is no time for clients to scroll through the camera to review shots to make selections.
- Clients will be advised the minute your photo products are ready however they will be available for collection no more than 10 days after the shoot.
- Digital files will be provided asap.
- Personalised Christmas cards are only available for photo shoots before 3 December.
- BSoTB is not responsible if you do not collect your photos within a reasonable time or make arrangements for delivery.
- BSoTB will ask your consent to use your images in promotion of future Santa on the Beach promotions. If you grant consent your photos may be used across print and online media including social media such as facebook, instagram and other print and digital platforms.
- BSOTB reserves the right to refuse service to any customer who is deemed to not act respectfully to all BSOTB staff and other customers.